How To Identify The Best Cloud Computing Service Provider?
Cloud computing services replaced the hardware technology as Mobile phones replaced the alarm clock. They are companies that provide information technology (IT) services over the internet. In a small amount of time, this technology took over the market as businesses preferred remote access to data. These cloud technologies enable multi-user systems and remote operation.
They can be a greener technology that avoids unnecessary hardware for storage. They are a package of benefits bundled together. Many service providers are available who provide cloud technology as a service. Finding the best-suited cloud solution provider for your business involved a few analyzing. This blog speaks about the criteria to check while choosing a cloud computing services provider.
Types of Cloud Computing Service Provider
There are three types of cloud models or service capability and they are:
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and
- Platform as a Service (PaaS).
SaaS (Software as a Service)
- It provides the software as the cloud computing service
- It is an Internet-based softer service for business and it is the topmost layer
- It is the cheapest way to migrate to the cloud
- Need extensive customization to service
- It requires vendor support
IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- It is the origin of the cloud computing.
- The Web services include databases, storage, personal digital servers, and other on-demand support services
- The user is charged in the time of use or data used
- Moving the software or information locally or shared hosting resources to a dedicated cloud server.
PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- Cloud is centralized on a network, which doesn't have any control over its infrastructure.
- Access is only accessible on a deployed system.
- This provides the running time upon request.
- It serves as a design or test environment.
Different Cloud Computing Service Providers
Before looking at the features of the best cloud computing services providers, let's look at some of the top service providers.
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) – The Amazon cloud system is the fastest and trusted by many businesses. They are well known for their security system. Scalability and flexibility are the important benefits of the Amazon cloud. It provides a foundational element service that can be used for creating and deploying any cloud software. It is the first cloud to reach the computer room. It is the most common cloud solution.
- Microsoft Azure – It is a hybrid platform incorporating all three categories of cloud services such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Users can find and deploy applications for any reason on the Azure marketplace. It is an open-source cloud platform that helps develop, store, manage and host solutions. Like AWS, flexibility and scalability are a benefit of Azure too.
- Google Cloud Platform – GCP and G suite eases the change of platforms and has a set of solutions and products. It lets you easily solve all types of business problems. There are numerous opportunities for learning and collaborating with experts, including individual and digital education, certification, strategy consulting, roadmap support, etc. In addition, Google prioritizes security enforcement, so customers need not worry about their data security. This service is available in several flexible, pay-as-You-Go (PAYG) payment plans, in addition to free trials.
- IBM Cloud - The IBM Cloud is a layered, public, private, and hybrid network. It provides the broadest scope for all workloads of goods and services. In areas like blockchain, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence, the platform stands out. Additional services include replication, managed storage, analytics, DevOps, virtual process automation, mobile application creation, and Chabot. IBM offers several unique offers its competitors cannot offer, such as bare-metal servers that meet certain security needs.
- Other Cloud Platforms – There are various other cloud solutions like Adobe Cloud, Salesforce, oracle cloud, and Verizon Cloud. Each of them has its own set of cloud computing services. Different cloud services, such as file sharing, automated data transfer, file locking, and client alerts for updates may be available. Based on their requirements small businesses, large customers, or medium-sized companies can access their services.
Core Criteria for Choosing Providers of Cloud Computing
Now, we know what cloud computing service providers offer and so let’s see the features we require choosing the best. We need to evaluate various features of the vendor and so we may avoid costly decisions. Some features are listed below:
- Business Requirements – Choose a cloud service provider apt for your business requirement. Vendors will offer you with a set of specifications; choose the plans that will suit your business needs. In this way, you will quickly create a shortlist of suppliers. It is easy to eliminate those providers who do not match your business needs.
- Cost – Since the process of cloud migration is costly, choosing the right plan is a crucial decision. Specify the exact amount of money the company is prepared to spend on cloud infrastructure and then compare the few selected cloud service provider pricing plans and licenses.
- Data Security – Categorise what data goes into the cloud. Ensure data protection if you will keep a few sensitive data. Also, verify the physical location of the server, if you plan to place a huge volume of data in the cloud. Before choosing a cloud solution provider, check their data security compliance and ensure whether they can avoid data breaches.
- Technology Advancements – Choose a service provider who is advanced in technical competencies and operational capabilities. Verify whether the cloud service provider offers the technology that aligns with your needs. Also, ensure the presence of skilled personnel for the requested technology. A few cloud providers subcontract the technology options, which may be advantages in a few situations and a drawback in many others.
- Support – Choose a cloud service provider, who offers 24 by 7 support. A professional help during the migration and deployment is a must. You can find third-party partners that have adequate experience of the target platform and will address unforeseen issues, but they can't provide the support they need. In any case, before you sign a deal, you must know what to expect from your future supplier.
- Certifications and Standards – Choose a service provider who complies with industry certifications like ISO 27001 or the government’s Cyber Essentials Scheme. A structured process, good data governance and service support are some of the best industry practices to look at a cloud service provider.
- Reliability – By checking the performance of the cloud company for the past year, we can measure its reliability. Look for the places where the company can handle both planned and unplanned downtime. This is a vital point to check as the data recovery during a disaster is a huge responsibility.
Apart from the mentioned features to look in a cloud computing service provider, look for various other options like company profile, has the vendor dealt with a business that closely aligns sin your vertical, their payment plans, data storage, and security related compliances. Ensure whether the cloud platform is scalable and flexible for use. The use of cloud computing services is calculated and manufacturing companies pay accordingly.
Every cloud computing service provider offers a different set of solutions for each business. Before choosing a vendor, the business needs to take time in deciding the type of data or applications that go into the cloud, the amount of money that is to be spent on the cloud applications, the type of support you need from the vendor based on your human resources and the payment terms.
Go serverless as the cloud technology is becoming advanced each day with new technology addition. As many companies are migrating to cloud computing services, the field is expected to grow even larger.
Although there are many services offered by the service provider, choose a vendor who is reliable. The best service provider for your business should be the one who can customize according to your business needs. Compare different offers received for the same service and establish good communication through their forums. Read case studies and verify the certifications of Cloud Computing Service Provider before signing the contract.