The world of programming languages is an ever-expanding one. Innovative technologies are regularly introduced to meet the rising demands of businesses and users. However, choosing the right programming language for a software product is a more or less challenging task. Be it an established multinational organization or a start-up in nascence, the choice of the programming language is a make-or-break factor for their software projects. Hence, it is essential to analyze various relevant factors before you choose the style.
Today, JS stands at a dominating position in the software development industry with its ecosystem. It offers an extensive range of tools which makes it approachable for all types of software projects. With a vast repository of development frameworks and vibrant support communities, JS is arguably the best choice for software solutions in today’s world.
- React – Undoubtedly, it is one of the most preferred JS frameworks for building dynamic user interfaces with advanced features. It is used by major brands like Whatsapp, Airbnb, Facebook, Instagram, etc. React Native is an open-source mobile application framework built by Facebook. It is commonly used for rendering native mobile apps that are real and feature-rich.
- Angular – Angular is another popular JS framework that is best suited for building dynamic single-page applications. It is a desired JS framework for businesses owing to its amazing features which will substantially cut down the coding effort. An example for organizations that use AngularJS is none other than Google, the tech giant.
- Vue – Vue is a sought-after JS framework for front-end development. It is often referred to as a progressive framework, which means it can adapt to the needs of the developer. Adobe, Alibaba, Grammarly, and Xiaomi are some of the significant organizations that make applications based on Vue.
- Node – It is an event-driven framework which is extremely fast in operations. Node works well with applications that require high data processing. Some of the major brands that use Node are LinkedIn, Medium, Uber, and eBay.
- Ember – With its flow of functionality and simplicity, Ember makes app development an easy process. It is well-capable to develop complicated and broad client-side applications.
- Website development – JS is still widely used by developers for building robust, interactive, and dynamic websites with rich user interfaces.
- Web applications – JS offers numerous frameworks that make it possible to build complex web applications with minimal effort. Angular, Vue, React, etc. are commonly used frameworks for web applications. One of the significant examples of web applications built in JS is Google Maps.
- Mobile applications – JS is a highly influential and dynamic language when you want to build robust mobile applications. As you know, mobile apps are built for Android and Apple platforms, and both require a different approach in coding. With JS frameworks like React Native, you can build mobile apps that can be deployed to both the app stores. Walmart, Facebook, Instagram, Bloomberg, etc. are examples of mobile apps built on JS frameworks.
- Gaming applications – JS offers a good number of game development frameworks (engines), which has powerful features and tools to build incredible gaming applications. Moreover, the addition of HTML5 canvas has led to the development of fast-paced browser-based games with higher levels of complexity.
- IoT devices – The Internet of Things is revolutionizing the world, and JS frameworks are widely used in building efficient IoT systems. The event-driven nature, open-source availability, popularity of Node, end-user scripting, enhanced security – all these factors make it an acceptable choice for IoT Application development systems. Major companies like IBM, Samsung, and Microsoft uses JS for their IoT devices.
- Presentations – Forget about PowerPoint or Keynote, JS is used for creating attractive and animated displays. By taking advantage of HTML and CSS, one can build captivating performances as websites using JS frameworks like Reveal.
- Powerful frameworks
- High-speed advantage
- Full-stack development
- Interoperability and compatibility
- Ease of testing and debugging
- Event-based language
- Rich interfaces
- Procedural capabilities
- Concurrent codes
- Platform independent
- Expert developers
- Support community
Ensuring the security of data is a priority when it comes to building software solutions for businesses. The good thing about JS frameworks is that the lion's share of resources is pumped into it for enhancing the security features. And the extensive support community of developers stays active in finding out the issues and debugging it proactively. Hence, you can count on the security features offered by this language.
- Futuristic technology
Here are a few critical considerations while you choose a JS framework for your business:
- Project specifics and requirements: Given the multitude of options, the right step is to shortlist the technologies that solve the specific needs of your project. A useful rule of thumb is - it is hardly possible to find the best framework, but you can always choose the right one. Develop a proper understanding of your business objectives and project goals before you select the technology. For example, if the solution requires a live chat feature, then the Node is a good option among JS frameworks.
- Checklist for technical features: The list for technical features includes various factors like data binding, testability, dependencies, templates, modularity, browser compatibility, third-party functionalities, responsiveness, ease of use, adaptability, etc. The level of flexibility offered by the framework should also be a significant consideration.
- Cost of development and maintenance: Ideally, you should choose the technology with regards to affordability. The cost of development may not be limited to the completion stage as you may have to pump money for maintenance as well.
- Availability of resources: As a business owner, finding expert developers to work on your choice of the framework should not turn out to be a time-waste activity. Make sure the language and structure you choose have a dynamic developer community. You should give a thought on the availability of developers for quick maintenance and support in the future as well. Know the fact that every technology has a life cycle and check whether the one you choose will sustain for long.
- Security features: Cybersecurity and threat mitigation should also be at the forefront while you choose a framework or library.
Trends show that JS will witness remarkable growth in the years to come, thanks to its high adoption rate and increasing popularity. And it continues to evolve and enrich its features to meet the requirements of the modern business environment. No wonder it is a preferred choice for a large number of SMEs and Fortune 500 companies in this fast-paced tech world.
Must Reads: [wcp-carousel id="10001"]