Following are the steps to install new relic on Ubuntu/linux server..
1) Go to the putty and fire following command, this is for adding a public key.
wget -O – http://download.newrelic.com/548C16BF.gpg | sudo apt-key add –
2) Create new repository on relic
sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb http://apt.newrelic.com/debian/ newrelic non-free” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/newrelic.list’
3) Install following required packages
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install newrelic-php5 sudo newrelic-install install
4) Put the licence key in your php.ini as below
5) Finally, Reboot the server
Done, wait for 5-10 minutes till setting get propagated on server, after that you can able to generate reports.
You can get more information about new relic here